After the presidential elections have successfully completed, according to the constitution the parliamentary and provincial council elections also completed in 18 September 2015.During this time people elected their representatives for parliamentary and provincial councils. For the nomads the election centers were divided in to 34 centers in parliamentary elections. That voters can vote in their related provinces.
The national council is made of two assembles, Wolsi Jirga and the Upper house. For the fair and independent elections the people of Afghanistan have selected national council as a high organization of the government. The membership of parliament is according to the population of every province.
The National Council of the national assembly election is once in every five years and it has about 249 members.
Conditions for Nominating to National Assembly:
- Candidate must be Afghan or having Afghan citizenship ten years prior to the nomination.
- Candidate should not have any crime and must have security clearance from court.
- For Wolesi Jirga should be 25 year old and for Upper house he/she should be over 35 years.
- Candidate should be registered in election directory by election commission. As well as the people who nominate their selves for Wolesi Jirga, should submit their written application to the provincial commission office.
- Name and specific address.
- Confirmed documents of education.
- Accepts all conditions and information about condemned, age and non-quoted investment.
- Elections ID card or any other documents given by commission.
- A list of one thousand people which will be registered with election commission and couple more signatures in voting sheets to prove his/her nomination.
- Presidential candidates submits the names of two assistants with nomination.
- Candidates of Wolesi Jirga gives thirty thousand Afghanis to the commission when nominating, they can get the money back if they win 30% votes in his area or leave the elections to another candidate.
The senate members are three times more than provincial members which are 102 people total. From the way of elections the senate nominates one third (34) people to district councils for three year, one third to provincial councils for four years and one third to presidential elections for five year.