Within a polling center, there are male and female polling stations. In some centers there are also stations for Kuchis. In some provinces, the IEC establishes specific polling centers for Kuchis.
Not more than 600 voters are allowed to vote in any given polling station.
Who are the people who will oversee the voting process?
Polling staff, under the supervision of the District Field Coordinators, are the officials responsible for running centers/stations and processing voters.
Each polling station consists of the following staff members:
- Polling Station Chairperson (PSC);
- Identification/Inking Officer;
- Ballot Paper Issuer; and,
- Ballot Box Controller.
Each polling center consists of the following staff members:
- Polling Center Manager;
- Assistant Polling Center Manager (for centers with 12 or more polling stations); and,
- Queue Controllers (1-4),
- Observers, media, candidate/party agents who are accredited by the IEC may also be present in the polling center.